Big Teal Elephant

Big Teal Elephant
What did you call me?

Friday, September 18, 2015

Further confessions of a Teenior Citizen

Now that you know that I obviously suffer from a bit of a case of arrested development in the eye candy department, I figure it's time to chat about the latest model on my mind -  Aidan Turner.  Ever since Poldark, I've been watching everything I can with him in it. LOL  Starting with the Hobbit trilogy in which he plays Kili, one of the dwarves who goes with Bilbo Baggins to get their homeland back from an evil dragon.  Then there is a mini series called Desperate Romantics, in which he plays painter/poet Dante Gabriel Rosetti. And then my favorite, Being Human, the UK version in which he plays John Mitchell, a tortured yet vulnerable vampire.  Each character I've seen him as is very different and he plays them equally well, but I have a soft spot for Mitchell.  He's like a little wounded bird with a dark side that he hates yet can't always control.  I want to reach in the screen and hug him and tell him everything will be OK, (though it usually isn't).  Mitchell consistently makes bad decisions and then tries to make things right!

So here he is:

Mitchell
Kili

 
Ross
Himself












You have to admit, he's mighty good-looking and he's not just a pretty face.  He really has what it takes to create a believable and unforgettable character.  I look forward to seeing his future work, especially season 2 of Poldark.

Yeah, I'm old enough to be his mother (yikes) but don't worry, I don't have sex fantasies - that would be... just wrong.  Well maybe if I could imagine I still looked like this:
But I don't. Lol.  I look like this:
and I don't think my imagination can get past the truth!

I just want to give him a big hug and tell him how much I enjoy his work and that I hope he has a long and healthy and happy life.  I would also tell him that he would be a FABULOUS Heathcliff and I really want to see him in cowboy duds.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Step right up and spit it out!