Big Teal Elephant

Big Teal Elephant
What did you call me?

Friday, September 11, 2015

Confessions of a Teenior Citizen.....

I love movies.  I love television.  I think I have been a fan since I was a child.  My earliest memory is seeing Walt Disney's Cinderella back in the '50's, most likely at the drive-in theater in an old station wagon packed with 5 or 6 kids.  

As I matured (stop laughing), I grew to appreciate cinema more and more until today, one of my most cherished pleasures is to see a really great film - one with an excellent story to tell, perfect casting, perfect costuming and sets, amazing cinematography, and good if not great directing.

Which brings me to the the thought that prompted me to write today.  Eye Candy, or celebrity crushes .... 

Yeah, I'm considered a 'senior citizen' but when it comes to those handsome guys on the big screen (or little screen) I'm still a teenager.  I've been this way for a long time.....like even before I was teen.  Remember Bronco Lane or Sugarfoot?  I loved 'em.  Dr. Kildare (Richard Chamberlain) nearly gave me heart failure. Then there was Illya Kuriakin and Captain Kirk and lets not forget THE BEATLES!

Moving on, for while I went retro... Gary Cooper and Cary Grant (who doesn't love Cary Grant??)  Then along came Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson.. mmm-mmm-mmm (by this time I'm married with a child - no matter)  Skip a few years..ok a lot of years and along comes Gerard Butler - it was the Phantom that did me in and my biggest crush SEAN BEAN... holy crap!  He's my fantasy man!! Sandwich in Nathan Fillion, Hugh Jackman, and Timothy Oliphant (Oh Raylan, take me away for a day or two.....) and a few others to boot!  What's a girl to do?  

Thank heavens for the internet. LOL  I can see my boys anytime I want!!  The truth is, I do look at my eye candy probably more than I should, but not as much as some people might think I do. :-)   I'm OK with that!

Up next.....Aidan

 

13 comments:

  1. Love it! Nothin' wrong with lusting after the lads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. I was shaking my head yes! to some of those boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought Solo was your man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, him too and a whole lot of others overall, as you know. Right now I'm totally smitten with Aidan Turner and I can't get enough of him. LOL I'm gonna post about Aidan one day soon.

      Delete
  4. Peter Dinklage does it for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's FANTASTIC! He really brings Tyrion to life in a way that readers of the books can appreciate. I wanted to see Pixels so I can see another side of his acting. He did a movie called The Station Agent that I really enjoyed.

      Delete
  5. Weird time display. Currently 3:16 a.m. here in Ottawa as I hit the Publish button. Also wanted to include the address for my mostly neglected blog, Surfacing. Perhaps this will inspire me roster tooting again, as well. Good work Lu. Glad I found this. Now 3:18 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed the time thing the other day and I need to tried to find where to change it EST. You should start writing again. I like this platform because I have a choice of having ads or not having ads and I don't have to pay for it. I'm all about 'free' lately. lol

      Delete
  6. Now that I have deleted all google accounts and started over with a new one, I should be able to respond better. Fun to read; keep it up, little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the Teal Elephant to Norman and since then I have used the phrase "talk about a Teal Elephant" twice. Norman is always mishearing me and making up his own interpretation and then answers it! Confusing isn't enough of a word to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Mary. It's the kind of thing that just sticks in your mind!

    ReplyDelete

Step right up and spit it out!